Accessible Holiday Cottages
Wheelchair friendly accessible holiday cottages in beautiful Kangaroo Valley for those with disabilities or special access requirements
“Very good for access. My husband and I recently stayed in Billabong Spa Cottage; Peter is in a wheelchair and managed perfectly. Sophie and her husband made it all work well for us. It was beautiful hearing the night sounds in the evening. I would highly recommend this delightful haven in Kangaroo Valley.”
– TripAdvisor reviewer, Canberra, March 2016
Facilities and services at Crystal Creek Meadows for those with special accessibility or disability needs
For travellers who have special access requirements we do provide accessible accommodation at Crystal Creek Meadows. We welcome all guests and have made special provision for wheelchair access, pregnant women and guests with disabilities.
- Billabong Spa Cottage with Australian Standards Accessible bathroom and parking ramp – see more details below
- Rose Garden Cottage with grab rails and entry ramp – see more details below
- Views and nature on your doorstep, which can be enjoyed from your cottage
- Private verandahs to soak up the tranquility and beauty
- Reception open 9.30am-6pm daily
- Hosts live on site and are contactable 24/7
- Local knowledge on wheelchair-friendly excursions in and around Kangaroo Valley
- Reservations can be made on your behalf for local restaurants and cafes
- Beautiful gardens and grounds to enjoy (note not all areas of the grounds are accessible with a wheelchair)
- Spa treatments for relaxation and wellness
- Hire our MG convertible to make some truly magical memories
- We can arrange a rustic picnic for you to enjoy on your cottage verandah, private garden or a spot of your choice in the grounds
- My Green Butler service to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible
Billabong Spa Cottage
Billabong Spa Cottage is a one bedroom cottage with a king size bed, and is council approved accommodation for disabled access with easy entry for wheelchairs, large bathroom with rails, wheelchair access shower and sink, shower seat and easy reach lights. From the verandah you can take in the wonderful views of the Cambewarra Range and our birdlife reserve, right outside. Enjoy views of the lily pond from every room of the cottage.
Rose Garden Cottage
Sleeps 5 + baby in cot
Rose Garden Cottage has two bedrooms, one with king bed and another with king bed or two singles. Trundle if required and space for a cot in either bedroom. This is not an Australian Standards complying accommodation but does have additional features to make it accessible like grab rails in the walk in shower and beside the bath, and an entry ramp to the hall. Relax under the covered verandah and enjoy your private mature gardens.
Prices are for two adults. Extra guests are welcome up to the capacity of each cottage at $90/night for adults, $20/night for kids 2-18 years, and infants free of charge.
The Regular tariff includes light breakfast provisions for the duration of your stay, including cereals, fresh bread, pancake mix and maple syrup, teas and coffees, juices and milk. We also include basic culinary items such as sauces and oils, and fresh herbs and fruit can be picked from the garden, if in season.
The Deluxe tariff includes everything in Regular, plus a deliciously decadent set of extras: afternoon tea in your cottage on arrival with homemade scones, jam and lamingtons, a box of handmade chocolates, local port, cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, house-made natural aromatherapy spa products, and a sumptuous hamper of local produce to cook full breakfasts each day (smoked salmon, deli ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, local yoghurt and cheese, fresh fruit, and our own eggs – 2 per person per day). Replenishments are offered for longer stays and supplies are adapted to suit dietary requirements – please let us know on booking.
- Regular tariff $310/night midweek or $360/night weekend
- Deluxe tariff $360/night midweek or $410/night weekend
- Regular tariff $325/night midweek or $385/night weekend
- Deluxe tariff $375/night midweek or $435/night weekend
"It is definitely worth paying the extra for the Deluxe tariff. There was plenty of food for breakfast both mornings and we even took some of the afternoon tea home. The lamingtons were delicious! All in all my friends and I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and are all planning to return with our partners when we can."
– TripAdvisor reviewer from Campbelltown, December 2015
COVID-19 TRAVEL BAN - CONDITIONS
Terms for guests re-booking postponed stays due to COVID 19 or incase of ‘second wave’ and NSW government enforcing non-essential travel ban: Booking can be deferred for up to 1 year from arrival date, stay cannot be downgraded to lesser tariff or fewer nights, same nights of the week apply (ie midweek stays cannot be moved to weekends, normal weekends cannot be moved to long weekends), no extensions permitted, no partial refunds of unused nights, once dates are booked they cannot be changed if no travel ban, normal terms apply (ie, minimum night policy, no Saturday check outs, etc), your balance will be processed 30 days before your new arrival date.
Wheelchair friendly things to do on your holiday
The Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands and Illawarra offer outstanding natural beauty spots and cultural attractions suitable for those with special needs access. Here are some of the prime destinations we like to recommend.
- Dolphin watching – Most suitable for persons with mobility aids, hearing and vision impairments
- Australia’s Museum of Flight – Accessible parking area, accessible modern toilets. Displays in hangers have push button audio information, at seated level. The museum provides complimentary wheelchairs.
- Greenpatch in Booderee National Park is one of the South Coasts most popular beaches. It is a pristine, still, swimming beach with dazzling white sands and rock pools that accommodate an array of spectacular sea creatures; urchins, sea-stars, periwinkles and tubeworms, to name a few. The native trees at Greenpatch are home to the colourful Scaly-breasted Lorikeet and the delightful Eastern Pygmy Possum. There are three designated parking spaces for day and weekend visitors. Bitumen pathways to amenities and sheltered picnic and BBQ areas. Assisted access to the beach via a timber boardwalk that crosses a small creek. Fully accessible toilets; showers require assistance for wheelchairs.
- Pioneer Museum Park has excellent agricultural and heritage exhibits of early settler life. There are ramps and a pathway all round the museum and a disable toilet and facilities for babies.
- Berry Bowling Club picturesque popular restaurant open seven days a week. Independent accessibility and spacious unisex toilet.
- Nowra Hill Winery parking area, ramp and unisex toilet
- Shoalhaven Zoo assisted accessibility, do have unisex toilet facilities
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre has an excellent centre with easy wheel chair access and disable toilet facilities. The boardwalk ramps are considered medium access but well worth a visit as you can enjoy seeing Lyrebirds and be surrounded by the ancient rainforest vegetation. The Lyrebird Café has easy access.
- Carrington Falls are tremendous offering a 50 metre drop into the rainforest. A cement pathway from the car park leads to wheelchair-accessible toilets with a steep ramp. The pathway also provides access to a lookout with views of the waterfall. The surface is good but a little steep in one part.
- Seven Mile Beach has accessible car park, faculties and ramp to a vantage point where you can marvel at the panorama of the Pacific Ocean and the seemingly endless stretches of beach. While sitting you will also enjoy all the birdlife.
- Fitzroy Falls Visitors Centre has a free wheelchair upon request, disabled toilets and board walk all the way to the outstanding views from the falls themselves. The café is attached to the main shop and exhibition area and is all accessible.
- Kangaroo Valley Village has several restaurants and cafés with wheelchair access such as Jing Jo Thai. Reservations can be made on your behalf.
Please contact Sophie or Christopher for any support or guidance on planning your stay with us – we are happy to make recommendations and to assist you with any reservations.
Looking after our environment
Your holiday is as positive to Kangaroo Valley as it is relaxing and beautiful for you. Crystal Creek Meadows is Advanced Ecotourism Certified by EcoTourism Australia and a TripAdvisor Green Leader (Platinum Level). From conservation to creating aromatherapy products in-house, from waste to water, we work hard to have a positive impact on our environment and community.