Billabong Spa Cottage
A Kangaroo Valley holiday house rental with a difference, luxurious Billabong Spa Cottage has a freestanding bath, lovely views and wood fire
“We stayed in Billabong Spa Cottage – it was fantastic. It is very secluded, I don’t think we saw anyone the entire time we were there. It looks over a beautiful billabong and grounds – you feel like you are one with nature. The cottage was great – spacious yet cosy, a beautiful large bed, amazing bathroom with a gorgeous tub where you could look out over the gardens, well-equipped kitchen, comfortable couch with fireplace, and good air conditioning. We woke up to the sound of the birds – it was bliss. We loved it, it’s such a special place.”
– TripAdvisor review from Sydney, November 2016
Our best holiday rental for nature lovers
Sleeps 2 2 1
Billabong Spa Cottage self-contained holiday house is a stunning cottage at Crystal Creek Meadows Spa Retreat in Kangaroo Valley, in between the NSW Southern Highlands and South Coast. Surrounded by bottle brush and lemon-scented eucalyptus trees for privacy and beauty, each room in the cottage has a spectacular view of the lily pond, including from your deeply relaxing bath. In winter cuddle up in front of your log fire, and in summer while away the days watching the birds or lazing in the hammock on your private deck. A perfect retreat for couples who want to feel a million miles from care, but still have the convenience of a hosted reception on site just a few minutes stroll away. Stay for a week’s holiday or a long weekend – enjoy time to unwind, book a spa treatment, or explore the grounds and local area.
- Uninterrupted views of the lily pond from everywhere in the cottage
- Deep freestanding bath with lovely views
- Australian Standards Accessible bathroom
- Parking available by ramp into cottage, which is 200m from Reception
- One bedroom with king size bed
- Large bathroom with deep French-style freestanding bathtub and separate walk-in/roll-in shower with grabrails
- Cosy log fire, efficient ceiling fans, opening windows/screens for natural fresh air and air conditioning
- Covered deck with outdoor setting and hammock
- Flat screen TV, DVD, free to air TV, CD player and iPod dock
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas appliances, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, coffee plunger, plus basic culinary essentials
- In-cottage menu with local wine rack
- Iron and ironing board, medical kit, sewing kit, hairdryer and personal care items
- Complimentary wifi
- Treading lighter with 100% green electricity, our own solar power, harvested rain water, firewood plantation, composting and food scraps for chickens – learn more
- My Green Butler service for the perfect break
Billabong Spa Cottage Pricing
Prices are for two adults. Extra guests are welcome up to the capacity of each cottage at $90/night for adults, $20/night for kids 2-18 years, and infants free of charge.
The Regular tariff includes light breakfast provisions for the duration of your stay, including cereals, fresh bread, pancake mix and maple syrup, teas and coffees, juices and milk. We also include basic culinary items such as sauces and oils, and fresh herbs and fruit can be picked from the garden, if in season.
The Deluxe tariff includes everything in Regular, plus a deliciously decadent set of extras: afternoon tea in your cottage on arrival with homemade scones, jam and lamingtons, a box of handmade chocolates, local port, cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, house-made natural aromatherapy spa products, and a sumptuous hamper of local produce to cook full breakfasts each day (smoked salmon, deli ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, local yoghurt and cheese, fresh fruit, and our own eggs – 2 per person per day). Replenishments are offered for longer stays and supplies are adapted to suit dietary requirements – please let us know on booking.
- Regular Tariff $650 midweek or $770 weekend
- Deluxe Tariff $750 midweek or $870 weekend
- Regular Tariff $975 midweek or $1155 weekend
- Deluxe Tariff $1125 midweek or $1305 weekend
- Regular Tariff $2070
- Deluxe Tariff $2370
"It is definitely worth paying the extra for the Deluxe tariff. There was plenty of food for breakfast both mornings and we even took some of the afternoon tea home. The lamingtons were delicious! All in all my friends and I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and are all planning to return with our partners when we can."
– TripAdvisor reviewer from Campbelltown, December 2015
Read booking terms & conditions
- Minimum stay of two nights for weekends and three nights for long weekends
- Four night minimum stay over Easter Holidays and three night in school holidays for family cottages midweek
- Single nights allowed Sunday to Thursday (not long weekends) subject to availability - single night surcharge of $65 may apply
- 50% deposit required on booking for stays over 31 days in advance, refundable up to 31 days prior to confirmed arrival, minus a $400 administration fee
- Cancellation fee of 100% of accommodation cost if notified within 30 days of confirmed arrival date.
- Bookings for stays within 30 days are 100% payable on booking.
- Booking can be deferred for 6 months from stay date without penalty if notified up to 31 days before confirmed arrival date. Bookings can be deferred only once
- Balance will be deducted from given MasterCard or Visa 30 days before arrival. Bank deposits can be accepted for deposit with accompanying MasterCard or Visa which will be processed for balance if not received by bank deposit 31 days prior to arrival.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the accommodation and is not permitted in nature conservation areas of the property
- Children under 2 years - no charge. Cots with linen, high chairs and change mats - no charge.
- Redemption of Gift Certificate must be within 12 months of issue and once dates are booked they cannot be changed. Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, nor transferable, and non-refundable.
- We cannot be held responsible for disruption to travel such as natural disasters (ie, bushfires and flooding), sickness, strikes and accidents. We highly recommend you take out travel insurance to cover cancellation fees and lost deposits.
- Your booking is at Crystal Creek Meadows and your cottage choice is subject to availability. Cottage changes can be made at the management’s discretion.
- We may, at any time, and at our sole discretion, modify these Terms and Conditions, with or without notice. Any such modification will be effective immediately upon public posting.
- Please note, we trust our guests and as such we do not ask for a bond. However as with all self-catered accommodation we ask guests to leave the cottage and kitchen in a tidy condition, as it is at our discretion to pass on an additional charge if it is not left in a respectful condition.
View other cottages
Looking after our environment
Your holiday is as positive to Kangaroo Valley as it is relaxing and beautiful for you. Crystal Creek Meadows is Advanced Ecotourism Certified by EcoTourism Australia and a TripAdvisor Green Leader (Platinum Level). From conservation to creating aromatherapy products in-house, from waste to water, we work hard to have a positive impact on our environment and community.
Spoil yourselves with spa treatments and more
Tour in the MG
With the wind in your hair and unhindered views of spectacular scenery, there’s no better way to see Kangaroo Valley than from our vintage convertible MG. Yours to hire by the hour or by the day. Combine it with a picnic basket and perfectly planned itinerary for a day out you'll never forget.
Our day spa and wellness services aim to give you maximum relaxation. Feel spoilt by having your treatments in the privacy of your own cottage, to keep that total relaxation feeling for longer. Or choose a secluded spot on the grounds in the dappled sunshine and whispering breeze for a treatment.
Enjoy a deliciously decadent set of extras: a sumptuous breakfast hamper filled with local produce, home made afternoon tea with our own jam, handmade chocolates, port, and use of cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, and aromatherapy tonics.