A Kangaroo Valley holiday house rental with a difference, luxurious Billabong Cottage has a freestanding bath, lovely views and wood fire
“We stayed in Billabong Cottage – it was fantastic. It is very secluded, I don’t think we saw anyone the entire time we were there. It looks over a beautiful billabong and grounds – you feel like you are one with nature. The cottage was great – spacious yet cosy, a beautiful large bed, amazing bathroom with a gorgeous tub where you could look out over the gardens, well-equipped kitchen, comfortable couch with fireplace, and good air conditioning. We woke up to the sound of the birds – it was bliss. We loved it, it’s such a special place.”
– TripAdvisor review from Sydney, November 2016
Our best holiday rental for nature lovers
Sleeps 2 2 1
Billabong Cottage self-contained holiday house is a stunning cottage at Crystal Creek Meadows Spa Retreat in Kangaroo Valley, in between the NSW Southern Highlands and South Coast. Surrounded by bottle brush and lemon-scented eucalyptus trees for privacy and beauty, each room in the cottage has a spectacular view of the lily pond, including from your deeply relaxing bath. In winter cuddle up in front of your log fire, and in summer while away the days watching the birds or lazing in the hammock on your private deck. A perfect retreat for couples who want to feel a million miles from care, but still have the convenience of a hosted reception on site just a few minutes stroll away. Stay for a week’s holiday or a long weekend – enjoy time to unwind, book a spa treatment, or explore the grounds and local area.
- Uninterrupted views of the lily pond from everywhere in the cottage
- Deep freestanding bath with lovely views
- Australian Standards Accessible bathroom
- Parking available by ramp into cottage, which is 200m from Reception
- One bedroom with king size bed
- Large bathroom with deep French-style freestanding bathtub and separate walk-in/roll-in shower with grabrails
- Cosy log fire, efficient ceiling fans, opening windows/screens for natural fresh air and air conditioning
- Covered deck with outdoor setting and hammock
- Flat screen TV, DVD, free to air TV, CD player and iPod dock
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas appliances, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, coffee plunger, plus basic culinary essentials
- In-cottage menu with local wine rack
- Iron and ironing board, medical kit, sewing kit, hairdryer and personal care items
- Complimentary wifi
- Treading lighter with 100% green electricity, our own solar power, harvested rain water, firewood plantation, composting and food scraps for chickens – learn more
- My Green Butler service for the perfect break
Billabong Spa Cottage Pricing
Prices are for two adults. Extra guests are welcome up to the capacity of each cottage at $90/night for adults, $20/night for kids 2-18 years, and infants free of charge. A cleaning fee of $80 applies per booking.
The Regular tariff includes light breakfast provisions for the duration of your stay, including cereals, fresh bread, pancake mix and maple syrup, teas and coffees, juices and milk. We also include basic culinary items such as sauces and oils, and fresh herbs and fruit can be picked from the garden, if in season.
The Deluxe tariff includes everything in Regular, plus a deliciously decadent set of extras: afternoon tea in your cottage on arrival with homemade scones, jam and lamingtons, a box of handmade chocolates, local port, cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, house-made natural aromatherapy spa products, and a sumptuous hamper of local produce to cook full breakfasts each day (smoked salmon, deli ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, local yoghurt and cheese, fresh fruit, and our own eggs – 2 per person per day). Replenishments are offered for longer stays and supplies are adapted to suit dietary requirements – please let us know on booking.
- Regular Tariff $720 midweek or $850 weekend
- Deluxe Tariff $820 midweek or $950 weekend
- Cleaning fee $80 per booking
- Regular Tariff $1080 midweek or $1245 weekend
- Deluxe Tariff $1230 midweek or $1425 weekend
- Cleaning fee $80 per booking
- Regular Tariff $2325
- Deluxe Tariff $2655
- Cleaning fee $80 per booking
"It is definitely worth paying the extra for the Deluxe tariff. There was plenty of food for breakfast both mornings and we even took some of the afternoon tea home. The lamingtons were delicious! All in all my friends and I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and are all planning to return with our partners when we can."
– TripAdvisor reviewer from Campbelltown, December 2015
COVID-19 TRAVEL BAN - CONDITIONS
- Terms for guests re-booking postponed stays due to COVID 19 or in case of ‘second wave’ and NSW government enforcing non-essential travel ban: Booking can be deferred for up to 1 year from arrival date, stay cannot be downgraded to lesser tariff or fewer nights, same nights of the week apply (ie midweek stays cannot be moved to weekends, normal weekends cannot be moved to long weekends), no extensions permitted, no partial refunds of unused nights, once dates are booked they cannot be changed if no travel ban, normal terms apply (ie, minimum night policy, no Saturday check outs, etc), your balance will be processed 30 days before your new arrival date.
View other cottages
Looking after our environment
Your holiday is as positive to Kangaroo Valley as it is relaxing and beautiful for you. Crystal Creek Meadows is Advanced Ecotourism Certified by EcoTourism Australia and a TripAdvisor Green Leader (Platinum Level). From conservation to creating aromatherapy products in-house, from waste to water, we work hard to have a positive impact on our environment and community.
Spoil yourselves with spa treatments and more
Your Health and Safety Matters
Our professional staff have been certified in COVID-19 Infection Control. Cottages and laundry are cleaned to the highest industry standards. Additionally, we take responsible hospitality seriously with stringent government certifications on water quality, fire safety, and safe food handling.
Our day spa and wellness services aim to give you maximum relaxation. Feel spoilt by having your treatments in the privacy of your own cottage, to keep that total relaxation feeling for longer. Or choose a secluded spot on the grounds in the dappled sunshine and whispering breeze for a treatment.
Enjoy a deliciously decadent set of extras: a sumptuous breakfast hamper filled with local produce, home made afternoon tea with our own jam, handmade chocolates, port, and use of cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, and aromatherapy tonics. (Not available for one night stays).