Jolly Jumbuck Cottage
Kangaroo Valley romantic getaways at the beautiful Jolly Jumbuck Cottage accommodation – unwind and reconnect
“Jolly Jumbuck Cottage is very private and well presented, with great attention to detail. The breakfast hamper was overflowing with fresh, local ingredients and customised for our dietary requirements. We booked a massage in advance and everything was set up before we arrived; it was excellent and well worth booking in. The bathroom was huge and well stocked with house-made bath products; the bathtub comfortably fits two people and is by a huge window looking out to a private garden. Highly recommended.”
– TripAdvisor reviewer, Adelaide, February 2017
Our best cottage for romance
Sleeps 2 1 1
Jumbuck is a romantic honeymoon cottage nestled in lush Kangaroo Valley in South Coast NSW, making it the perfect accommodation for a couples retreat. It is a truly sumptuous cottage – often chosen by newlyweds for honeymoon – but welcomes all who crave luxury and seclusion, whether for an indulgent week long holiday or a long weekend break. Reached by a private treelined pathway to its tucked away location in the 16 acre grounds of Crystal Creek Meadows, it commands a view of extensive lush green lawns, the nature pond and the mountains in the distance. Luscious red roses frame the verandah which is perfect for enjoying breakfast or a snooze in the hammock on a lazy afternoon. Inside the sophisticated decor of ivory and golds give you comfort and space to rest, unwind and be with the one you love. Book a spa treatment, hire our MG convertible for a scenic drive and romantic picnic, or simply explore our beautiful grounds and Kangaroo Valley.
- Private entrance
- Lime trees surround the cottage
- View of the wombat burrow
- One bedroom with king size bed
- Bathroom with deep French-style freestanding bath and overhead rain shower
- Flat screen TV, DVD, free to air TV, CD player and iPod dock
- Cosy log fire, efficient ceiling fans, opening windows/screens for natural fresh air and air conditioning
- Covered deck with outdoor setting and hammock
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas appliances, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, coffee plunger, plus basic culinary essentials
- Iron and ironing board, medical kit, sewing kit, hairdryer, personal care items
- In-cottage menu with local wine rack
- Complimentary wifi
- Treading lighter with 100% green electricity, our own solar power, harvested rainwater, firewood plantation, composting and food scraps for chickens – learn more
- My Green Butler service for the perfect break
Jolly Jumbuck Cottage Pricing
Prices are for two adults. Extra guests are welcome up to the capacity of each cottage at $90/night for adults, $20/night for kids 2-18 years, and infants free of charge.
The Regular tariff includes light breakfast provisions for the duration of your stay, including cereals, fresh bread, pancake mix and maple syrup, teas and coffees, juices and milk. We also include basic culinary items such as sauces and oils, and fresh herbs and fruit can be picked from the garden, if in season.
The Deluxe tariff includes everything in Regular, plus a deliciously decadent set of extras: afternoon tea in your cottage on arrival with homemade scones, jam and lamingtons, a box of handmade chocolates, local port, cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, house-made natural aromatherapy spa products, and a sumptuous hamper of local produce to cook full breakfasts each day (smoked salmon, deli ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, local yoghurt and cheese, fresh fruit, and our own eggs – 2 per person per day). Replenishments are offered for longer stays and supplies are adapted to suit dietary requirements – please let us know on booking.
- Regular Tariff $650 midweek or $770 weekend
- Deluxe Tariff $750 midweek or $870 weekend
- Regular Tariff $975 midweek or $1155 weekend
- Deluxe Tariff $1125 midweek or $1305 weekend
- Regular Tariff $2070
- Deluxe Tariff $2370
"It is definitely worth paying the extra for the Deluxe tariff. There was plenty of food for breakfast both mornings and we even took some of the afternoon tea home. The lamingtons were delicious! All in all my friends and I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and are all planning to return with our partners when we can."
– TripAdvisor reviewer from Campbelltown, December 2015
Read booking terms & conditions
- Minimum stay of two nights for weekends and three nights for long weekends
- Four night minimum stay over Easter Holidays and three night minimum stay over NSW school holidays
- Single nights allowed Sunday to Thursday (not long weekends) subject to availability - single night surcharge of $65 applies
- 50% deposit required on booking, refundable up to 29 days prior to confirmed arrival, minus a $200 administration fee
- Cancellation fee of 50% of accommodation cost if notified within 28 to 15 days of confirmed arrival date
- Cancellation fee of 100% of accommodation cost if notified within 14 days of confirmed arrival date
- Booking can be deferred without penalty if notified up to 21 days before confirmed arrival date. Bookings can be deferred only once
- MasterCard, Visa, Money Order & cash accepted. Bank deposits for balance must be received 2 days prior arrival date
- Smoking is not permitted inside the accommodation and is not permitted in nature conservation areas of the property
- Children under 2 years - no charge. Cots with linen, high chairs and change mats - no charge.
- Redemption of Gift Certificate must be within six months of issue and once dates are booked they cannot be changed. Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, nor transferable, and non-refundable.
- We cannot be held responsible for disruption to travel such as natural disasters (ie, bushfires and flooding), sickness, strikes and accidents. We highly recommend you take out travel insurance to cover cancellation fees and lost deposits.
- Your booking is at Crystal Creek Meadows and your cottage choice is subject to availability. Cottage changes can be made at the management’s discretion.
View other cottages
Looking after our environment
Your holiday is as positive to Kangaroo Valley as it is relaxing and beautiful for you. Crystal Creek Meadows is Advanced Ecotourism Certified by EcoTourism Australia and a TripAdvisor Green Leader (Platinum Level). From conservation to creating aromatherapy products in-house, from waste to water, we work hard to have a positive impact on our environment and community.
Spoil yourselves with spa treatments and more
Tour in the MG
With the wind in your hair and unhindered views of spectacular scenery, there’s no better way to see Kangaroo Valley than from our vintage convertible MG. Yours to hire by the hour or by the day. Combine it with a picnic basket and perfectly planned itinerary for a day out you'll never forget.
Our day spa and wellness services aim to give you maximum relaxation. Feel spoilt by having your treatments in the privacy of your own cottage, to keep that total relaxation feeling for longer. Or choose a secluded spot on the grounds in the dappled sunshine and whispering breeze for a treatment.
Enjoy a deliciously decadent set of extras: a sumptuous breakfast hamper filled with local produce, home made afternoon tea with our own jam, handmade chocolates, port, and use of cosy robes and slippers, freshly cut flowers from the extensive gardens, and aromatherapy tonics.