10 Secrets for a Perfect Autumn or Winter Escape in Magical Kangaroo Valley
10 Secrets for a Perfect Autumn or Winter Escape in Magical Kangaroo Valley
Escaping the stresses of life and worldly worries is so important for our happiness. Here’s 10 tips we recommend to have that much anticipated break in Kangaroo Valley, Australia’s most beautiful valley.
- Warm Cozy Real Wood Fires. What could be more fabulous in the cooler months than a beautiful real wood fire? Wood fires have a wonderful lingering heat, beautiful smell, and give a warm glow on a winter’s evening. The flickering flames provide a perfect backdrop for a romantic evening, or to help you unwind and relax. So embrace your inner caveman and stay toasty warm at Crystal Creek Meadows, and rest easy knowing the firewood is sustainable from the property’s plantation and local fallen trees.
- Fit for a King (and Queen). There’s nothing better than to wake up when your body clock wants, rather than your alarm clock. Savour those rare mornings, and embrace not having to rush, your mind and body will thank you for it. And that is why we offer a beautiful bed with a good quality quilt, a comfy throw and plump pillows to add to your feeling of wellbeing. Take your time embracing the morning, and snuggling in a beautiful king bed at Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Bathing Beauty. Soak, relax, float, luxuriating in a warm bath is good for the soul, giving you time to yourself to unwind and reconnect with your feelings, and is also excellent for general health helping circulation and improving mood. A chemical-free bath in pure rain water is particularly lovely, and adding some handmade essential oil bath products will help you completely unwind and revitalize. Crystal Creek Meadows makes six unique aromatherapy bath products, as well as other luxurious creams like peppermint foot lotion and cooling face balm.
- Like a kid on a bike. They say that once you learn you’ll never forget, and where better to get back on a bike than down quiet country lanes – no traffic, no road rage, no cares… Country bike rides offer idyllic views of rolling green fields, streams, beautiful escarpments, fresh air, and even the possibility of saying hi to the cows and horses on the way. And did you know that Kangaroo Valley is known for outstanding rides for all levels, and guests at Crystal Creek Meadows can borrow mountain bikes and helmets free of charge.
- Afternoon delights. With the cooler months upon us, sometimes the gap between lunch and dinner is hard to get through without a snack. Enter the humble scone – inherited from Britain and now an afternoon indulgence all over Australia. The humble scone – is a made with simple ingredients and the perfect scone is light and fluffy, and topped with homemade jam and a dollop of fresh cream. Don’t worry whether it is jam or cream first, both are equally delicious! Sophie at Crystal Creek Meadows has a reputation for scrummy scones (and Anzac biscuits too)!
- Walk up an appetite. This is a great time of year to enjoy a great bush walk, and one of the best is the Drawing Room Rocks. A 45 minute hike to the top of the escarpment and you will be rewarded with two of the most outstanding views of the South Coast and Kangaroo Valley. Take a snack, as the view is so magnificent that you’ll want to spend some time at the top. Drawing Room Rocks walk is a 15 minute drive from Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Enjoy the taste of the country. Local markets are a fabulous way to get delicious wholesome food direct from the farmer. The Shoalhaven has so many great markets including the Kangaroo Valley Farmer’s Markets on the 2nd Sunday of each month in the heart of the village. Positively supporting Kangaroo Valley agriculture, healthier communities and more sustainable food choices direct from the growers. And you will find the markets offer varied produce, all locally grown and made, from olive oil, to breads, to organic meats. Not in Kangaroo Valley on a Sunday, don’t worry, the Kangaroo Valley General Store sells lots of local produce daily. There is also the Berry Country Fair Markets on the 1st Sunday, and the Berry Produce Markets on the 2nd Saturday and 4th
- Catch up with Mr Darcy. They say reading is dreaming with open eyes, and there is definitely nowhere as magical as a book, where with the turn of page you can be taken anywhere in the world or beyond. So what better way to give yourself a treat than to spend time than reading. Berkeloew Bookbarn in Berrima has a huge range of beautiful books, and Nostalgia Factory in Kangaroo Valley has many unique finds. Light the fire, hop into the reading chair, pop your feet up and enjoy a day of reading bliss at Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Time to Relax. Although having a massage is definitely relaxing and energizing, its health benefits don’t end there. A good massage releases endorphins and enhances mood, boosts energy, and reduces stress – and feels wonderful too! Enjoy a full body aromatherapy massage, including Crystal Creek Meadows’ very own blend of oils made onsite, in the privacy of your cottage at Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Amazing Autumn and Wonderful Winter. Gold, red, mustard, burgundy, chocolate – the beautiful colours of autumn, and the low gentle sunshine are stunning in the colder areas of NSW. Kangaroo Valley and the Southern Highlands provides a stunning autumn show, and Crystal Creek Meadows’ gardens will help you mentally break away from the daily stresses of life. Grab a picnic rug, find a sunny spot and enjoy the beautiful display of colours.
And the icing on the cake, why not book your short break and receive a free Autumn-Winter Gift Pack of autumnal bath crystals, handmade soap and scrummy brownies. Crystal Creek Meadows luxury cottages are perfect for romantic couples, families, girl’s getaways, singles and mum and daughter escapes. Quote: Autumn-Winter
About Crystal Creek Meadows
Crystal Creek Meadows is four luxury cottages set across 16 acres of beautiful gardens and countryside. We focus on guests’ wellbeing, and this means making sure everything you need to have a relaxed, stress-free break is at your fingertips. Cottages are fully self contained and offer a king size bed, beautiful bath (using pure rainwater) and homemade essential oil aromatherapy products for the bathroom. Christopher and Sophie live onsite should you need any assistance or want some ideas of great things to do in the area.
You may also like
Going Stir Crazy? Lack of Personal Space? Need some Social Distancing? For so long we have had it so good. We didn’t even realise it. Even with the trauma of the firey summer we still had a stable society on the other side of the flames to fall back on. We were all...
During January the Currowan Fire caused the entire Shoalhaven region to be declared a ‘Tourist Leave Zone’. This has had enormous economic impact not just for tourist-based businesses, but whole communities.
There is a Climate Emergency, and we have signed our commitment to publishing our declaration to take responsible action and reduce carbon emissions.
Romance is in the air
For an intimate wedding, elopement, proposal, honeymoon, anniversary or renewal of vows, we have created beautiful romantic gardens and spaces for enchanting private celebrations.
"Every detail has been covered by the hosts here, could not have asked for more. We were looking for a break away to unwind & we were amazed at the Billabong Cottage - absolute bliss."
Nerida, September 2019
"This place is truly spectacular! You must experience this, don’t look anywhere else, Crystal Creek Meadows will truly blow you away."
Daniel, Sydney – October 2017
"From the moment we booked and received our welcome kit, right through to the minute we left, we both fell in love with Crystal Creek Meadows. Many things in life help to bring couples closer together and this little gem certainly did that for Jen and I. We truly thank Crystal Creek Meadows for giving this to us."
Steve and Jenni, February 2020
"This is the reason we call this place heaven on Earth. It is one place we can truly relax and indulge. Thanks again for providing all of those special little touches."
Mark & Jacques, March 2017
"I've run out of words to describe how lovely Chris and Sophie are, how amazing the property is, how endearing the animals are (the wildlife, the chooks, Bertie), how wonderful the Luxe, Calme et Volupté was, so am wholescale plagiarising Horace."
Jon, December 2019
"Three days in my little cottage was truly not enough time. Do yourself a favour and stay here. I know I'll be back."
Zulug, Sydney – July 2017
"Crystal Creek Meadows is a perfect place to stay. It gets our top score for supporting the community by offering lots of local produce in the Deluxe Package food hamper and ensuring that their impact on the environment is only positive, showing others that you don’t have to compromise luxury to be eco-friendly."
Ali, January 2020
"We definitely recommend Crystal Creek Meadows to everyone, it is beautiful and peaceful. It was the perfect place to wind down and enjoy the company of your partner. Thank you for having us, this get away was everything I had hoped for and more!"
Alison, December 2019
"Best choice in Kangaroo Valley - all the cottages are magnificent. Very comfortable, warm and spotlessly clean. An absolute gem."
David & Lyn – September 2017
"We were greeted warmly by the lovely hosts and given some great tips on where to go for beautiful hikes & to spot wombats (which we did!) the grounds are gorgeous with chickens roaming around freely & beautiful bird life. It’s just a gorgeous spot in the heart of the Kangaroo Valley with lovely hosts who are caring & attentive. Can’t recommend it enough!"
Linda, August 2019
"My 4 sisters and I took our Mum to Crystal Creek Meadows for a 3 day getaway.
We were so impressed with the beautiful cottages and surrounds.
Sophie made sure we were well stocked with breakfast goods and was happy to accommodate us with any of our wishes. Loved everything."
Jeffrey, September 2019
"Quality, Quality, quality. Nothing short of 5 star! Five of us ladies had the most beautiful weekend. Everything was top notch. From accommodation, to food, to gifts and all inclusions. The place is tranquil, and Sophie is most friendly, welcoming and hospitable. I have stayed twice now, and will be back for a third time. Can't wait for my next stay."
Tanya, August 2019
"Loved our stay at this placed. Spent a night in the Billabong Cottage. The eco-friendly set up of Crystal Creek Meadows was refreshing and did not mean sacrificing any luxuries one wants. The real fireplace was perfect for a winter’s stay."
Maryse, July 2019
"Fantastic stay! Absolutely beautiful location, stunning gardens, delicious local produce. We could not have been any happier, would highly recommend."
Erin, December 2019
"Not a detail was missed. A gorgeous place to unwind and relax."
Anna, Sydney – September 2017
"This place is just amazing, everything has been thought of. It's comfortable, clean, a beautiful greeting and friendly welcome. Loving it! Thank you for creating such a beautiful space."
Christine, Sydney – November 2016
"What I loved most was the tranquility, quietness and peace of the place. It allowed me to relax and enjoy the serenity of Crystal Creek Meadows. I would go back in a heartbeat."
Amy, December 2019
"I decided to spoil myself and stay at Crystal Creek Meadows, and I can truly say it was the best decision ever! I was travelling on my own however I felt safe and comfortable here. I stayed I'm the Jolly Jumbuck which was absolutely gorgeous! The views were amazing, going to sleep and waking up to the sound of nature was exactly what I needed."
Joulihana, February 2019
"Perfect place for relaxing and unwinding especially with the one you love. Everything was amazing... such a beautiful spot and will definitely be back."
Linda, Sydney – October 2017
"We took the bikes for a ride to the river and loved listening to the kookaburras and tree frogs at dusk. "
Liz, June 2019
Stay for 7, Pay for 6
From $1840/7 nights (plus $80 cleaning fee)
Mid Week Stay
From $870/3 nights (plus $80 cleaning fee)
Family Nature Stay
From $1160/4 nights (plus $80 cleaning fee)
From $995/2 nights (plus $80 cleaning fee)