10 Secrets for a Perfect Autumn or Winter Escape in Magical Kangaroo Valley
10 Secrets for a Perfect Autumn or Winter Escape in Magical Kangaroo Valley
Escaping the stresses of life and worldly worries is so important for our happiness. Here’s 10 tips we recommend to have that much anticipated break in Kangaroo Valley, Australia’s most beautiful valley.
- Warm Cozy Real Wood Fires. What could be more fabulous in the cooler months than a beautiful real wood fire? Wood fires have a wonderful lingering heat, beautiful smell, and give a warm glow on a winter’s evening. The flickering flames provide a perfect backdrop for a romantic evening, or to help you unwind and relax. So embrace your inner caveman and stay toasty warm at Crystal Creek Meadows, and rest easy knowing the firewood is sustainable from the property’s plantation and local fallen trees.
- Fit for a King (and Queen). There’s nothing better than to wake up when your body clock wants, rather than your alarm clock. Savour those rare mornings, and embrace not having to rush, your mind and body will thank you for it. And that is why we offer a beautiful bed with a good quality quilt, a comfy throw and plump pillows to add to your feeling of wellbeing. Take your time embracing the morning, and snuggling in a beautiful king bed at Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Bathing Beauty. Soak, relax, float, luxuriating in a warm bath is good for the soul, giving you time to yourself to unwind and reconnect with your feelings, and is also excellent for general health helping circulation and improving mood. A chemical-free bath in pure rain water is particularly lovely, and adding some handmade essential oil bath products will help you completely unwind and revitalize. Crystal Creek Meadows makes six unique aromatherapy bath products, as well as other luxurious creams like peppermint foot lotion and cooling face balm.
- Like a kid on a bike. They say that once you learn you’ll never forget, and where better to get back on a bike than down quiet country lanes – no traffic, no road rage, no cares… Country bike rides offer idyllic views of rolling green fields, streams, beautiful escarpments, fresh air, and even the possibility of saying hi to the cows and horses on the way. And did you know that Kangaroo Valley is known for outstanding rides for all levels, and guests at Crystal Creek Meadows can borrow mountain bikes and helmets free of charge.
- Afternoon delights. With the cooler months upon us, sometimes the gap between lunch and dinner is hard to get through without a snack. Enter the humble scone – inherited from Britain and now an afternoon indulgence all over Australia. The humble scone – is a made with simple ingredients and the perfect scone is light and fluffy, and topped with homemade jam and a dollop of fresh cream. Don’t worry whether it is jam or cream first, both are equally delicious! Sophie at Crystal Creek Meadows has a reputation for scrummy scones (and Anzac biscuits too)!
- Walk up an appetite. This is a great time of year to enjoy a great bush walk, and one of the best is the Drawing Room Rocks. A 45 minute hike to the top of the escarpment and you will be rewarded with two of the most outstanding views of the South Coast and Kangaroo Valley. Take a snack, as the view is so magnificent that you’ll want to spend some time at the top. Drawing Room Rocks walk is a 15 minute drive from Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Enjoy the taste of the country. Local markets are a fabulous way to get delicious wholesome food direct from the farmer. The Shoalhaven has so many great markets including the Kangaroo Valley Farmer’s Markets on the 2nd Sunday of each month in the heart of the village. Positively supporting Kangaroo Valley agriculture, healthier communities and more sustainable food choices direct from the growers. And you will find the markets offer varied produce, all locally grown and made, from olive oil, to breads, to organic meats. Not in Kangaroo Valley on a Sunday, don’t worry, the Kangaroo Valley General Store sells lots of local produce daily. There is also the Berry Country Fair Markets on the 1st Sunday, and the Berry Produce Markets on the 2nd Saturday and 4th
- Catch up with Mr Darcy. They say reading is dreaming with open eyes, and there is definitely nowhere as magical as a book, where with the turn of page you can be taken anywhere in the world or beyond. So what better way to give yourself a treat than to spend time than reading. Berkeloew Bookbarn in Berrima has a huge range of beautiful books, and Nostalgia Factory in Kangaroo Valley has many unique finds. Light the fire, hop into the reading chair, pop your feet up and enjoy a day of reading bliss at Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Time to Relax. Although having a massage is definitely relaxing and energizing, its health benefits don’t end there. A good massage releases endorphins and enhances mood, boosts energy, and reduces stress – and feels wonderful too! Enjoy a full body aromatherapy massage, including Crystal Creek Meadows’ very own blend of oils made onsite, in the privacy of your cottage at Crystal Creek Meadows.
- Amazing Autumn and Wonderful Winter. Gold, red, mustard, burgundy, chocolate – the beautiful colours of autumn, and the low gentle sunshine are stunning in the colder areas of NSW. Kangaroo Valley and the Southern Highlands provides a stunning autumn show, and Crystal Creek Meadows’ gardens will help you mentally break away from the daily stresses of life. Grab a picnic rug, find a sunny spot and enjoy the beautiful display of colours.
And the icing on the cake, why not book your short break and receive a free Autumn-Winter Gift Pack of autumnal bath crystals, handmade soap and scrummy brownies. Crystal Creek Meadows luxury cottages are perfect for romantic couples, families, girl’s getaways, singles and mum and daughter escapes. Quote: Autumn-Winter
About Crystal Creek Meadows
Crystal Creek Meadows is four luxury cottages set across 16 acres of beautiful gardens and countryside. We focus on guests’ wellbeing, and this means making sure everything you need to have a relaxed, stress-free break is at your fingertips. Cottages are fully self contained and offer a king size bed, beautiful bath (using pure rainwater) and homemade essential oil aromatherapy products for the bathroom. Christopher and Sophie live onsite should you need any assistance or want some ideas of great things to do in the area.
You may also like
Going Stir Crazy? Lack of Personal Space? Need some Social Distancing? For so long we have had it so good. We didn’t even realise it. Even with the trauma of the firey summer we still had a stable society on the other side of the flames to fall back on. We were all...
During January the Currowan Fire caused the entire Shoalhaven region to be declared a ‘Tourist Leave Zone’. This has had enormous economic impact not just for tourist-based businesses, but whole communities.
There is a Climate Emergency, and we have signed our commitment to publishing our declaration to take responsible action and reduce carbon emissions.
Romance is in the air
For an intimate wedding, elopement, proposal, honeymoon, anniversary or renewal of vows, we have created beautiful romantic gardens and spaces for enchanting private celebrations.
Crystal Creek Meadows luxury Kangaroo Valley accommodation is nestled in the heart of an enchanting landscape in the stunning Southern Highlands and South Coast region of New South Wales. Family run since 2003.
Your private self-contained cottage is perfectly located close to the charming village and surrounded by lush forests and farmland just two hours from Sydney or Canberra.