Food & Wine
Enjoy fabulous real food and wine at our Kangaroo Valley bed and breakfast accommodation
Award-winning Crystal Creek Meadows in Kangaroo Valley offers luxurious private cottages. Kangaroo Valley is ideally located between the cool climate Southern Highlands wine region and the lush pastures of the South Coast NSW. We source local quality products to make your stay deliciously perfect. We bake our own scones and biscuits, preserves and pickles and select fabulous local wines and port. Take a trip and follow our local tips to discover artisan producers, providores, markets and more.
At Crystal Creek Meadows
Inside your Crystal Creek Meadows cottage you will find not just the freely available basic culinary essentials one ought to have on holiday, but also some delicious additions to make it a special stay. Crystal Creek Meadows luxury accommodation is a place to relax, dine, drink and savour the local culture. We select the finest local cheeses, wines, dairy and chocolates. We bake our own scones, biscuits and preserves, and you can even pick your own herbs and fruit from the gardens. There’s nothing quite like the gorgeous uplifting scent when picking citrus!
- Fresh herb garden at the reception – marjoram, basil, chives, parsley and oregano
- Weber BBQ area by the Summerhouse and BBQ tools in your cottage
- In your Deluxe breakfast hamper – local ingredients include Burrawang Butcher homemade bacon, Sydney Royal Fine Food Show winning ham, creamy scones and homemade jam, creamy South Coast yoghurt, vintage South Coast Cheese, The Treat Factory handmade chocolates and local Yarrawa Estate port
- In-cottage extras – Kangaroo Valley Olives and Tepanades, and divine Serendipity Ice Creams
- In-cottage wine rack includes local award-winning wines from Two Figs in Berry and Tertini Wines in Berrima
- We can create you a perfect rustic picnic including local sourdough bread, handmade quiches, Kangaroo Valley Olives, local pastries, fresh fruit and tomatoes (7 days notice) or guests can borrow a picnic hamper from Reception and create their own.
In Kangaroo Valley
You will want to spend time in the Kangaroo Valley village where you can buy the freshest vegetables straight from local gardens, marinated KV olives, creamy local yoghurt, and fabulous wood baked loaves, Yarrawa Estate Winery and Banksia Park olive oils. Head to the village or the top of our mountain for fine dining, fudge and fun at the pub.
- Jing Jo Thai prepares each dish to order using their herb and vegetable garden, and excellent local produce. Décor includes work from renowned local artists. Open for dinner Wed-Sat and lunch on weekends.
- The General Cafe Kangaroo Valley is a relaxed cafe offering delicious breakfasts, great coffee and light lunches with a focus on handmade, fresh and nutritious food
- Cambewarra Lookout has outstanding views from the mountains to the sea, and excellent lunch menu. Friday evenings are hugely popular with live music and outstanding tapas – book well in advance
- The Friendly Inn is great for a pub dinner, live music on Saturday nights, and has a relaxed beer garden with beautiful views, and an excellent playground too
South Coast & Southern Highlands
Kangaroo Valley is the little sister to Southern Highlands area, famous for cool climate wines, hatted restaurants and quaint villages. There’s also the Burrawang Pub, or take a trip to Berry to visit the Treat Factory and travel down the South Coast for mouth-watering treats aplenty.
- LEAF (love eating Asian food) in Berry and Nowra serves excellent Thai food
- Cupitts Winery in Milton is 1 hour away but has a fabulous restaurant, cellar door and magnificent outlook
- Bangalay Dining in Shoalhaven Heads
- Burrawang Pub for lunch voted Best Country Pub in NSW by the Good Food Guide
- Bendooley Estate Restaurant (with Berkeloews Bookbarn inside the restaurant) is our favourite for a special occasion relaxed meal
- Eschalot in Berrima is superb and the historic building is simply beautiful
- The Robertsoon Cheese Factory is your go -to for a wonderful range of local cheeses
- The Werri Beach Fish Shop is right on the beach at Gerringong