Food & Wine
Enjoy fabulous real food and wine at our Kangaroo Valley bed and breakfast accommodation
Award-winning Crystal Creek Meadows in Kangaroo Valley offers luxurious bed and breakfast accommodation in private cottages with locally sourced breakfast supplies included. Kangaroo Valley is ideally located between the cool climate Southern Highlands wine region and the lush pastures of the South Coast NSW. Guests often tell us that everything tastes better here. We source local quality products to make your stay deliciously perfect and if you select the Deluxe Tariff much of these treats are included. We bake our own scones and biscuits, preserves and pickles and select fabulous local wines and port. In your cottage just sit back, relax and taste the difference of real food. Or take a trip and follow our local tips to discover artisan producers, providores, markets and more.
At Crystal Creek Meadows
Inside your Crystal Creek Meadows cottage you will find not just the freely available basic culinary essentials one ought to have on holiday, but also some delicious additions to make it a special stay. Crystal Creek Meadows luxury accommodation is a place to relax, dine, drink and savour the local culture. We select the finest local cheeses, wines, dairy and chocolates. We bake our own scones, biscuits and preserves, and you can even pick your own herbs and fruit from the gardens. There’s nothing quite like the gorgeous uplifting scent when picking citrus!
- Fresh herb garden at the reception – marjoram, basil, chives, parsley and oregano
- All guests enjoy South Coast Dairy Australian award-winning milk and freshly baked light wholemeal hightop bread from Kangaroo Valley Bakery
- Weber BBQ area by the Summerhouse and BBQ tools in your cottage
- In your Deluxe Tariff breakfast hamper – local ingredients include Burrawang Butcher homemade bacon, Sydney Royal Fine Food Show winning ham, Sophie’s famous creamy scones and homemade jam, creamy South Coast yoghurt, vintage South Coast Cheese, The Treat Factory handmade chocolates and local Yarrawa Estate port
- In-cottage dinner (optional extras) include delicious local Beriharikari gluten free curries and rice, poppodoms and Chris’ spicy chutney
- In-cottage extras – Kangaroo Valley Olives and Tepanades, and divine Serendipity Ice Creams
- In-cottage wine rack includes local award-winning wines from Two Figs in Berry and Tertini Wines in Berrima
- We can create you a perfect rustic picnic including local sourdough bread, handmade quiches, Kangaroo Valley Olives, local pastries, fresh fruit and tomatoes (7 days notice) or guests can borrow a picnic hamper from Reception and create their own.
In Kangaroo Valley
You will want to spend time in the Kangaroo Valley village where you can buy the freshest vegetables straight from local gardens, marinated KV olives, creamy local yoghurt, and fabulous wood baked loaves, Yarrawa Estate Winery and Banksia Park olive oils. Head to the village or the top of our mountain for fine dining, fudge and fun at the pub.
- Jing Jo Thai prepares each dish to order using their herb and vegetable garden, and excellent local produce. Décor includes work from renowned local artists. Open for dinner Wed-Sat and lunch on weekends.
- The Mango Tree Indian Restaurant is open 7 nights a week and has a fabulous variety of Nepalese Indian dishes and an open fire
- The General Cafe Kangaroo Valley is a relaxed cafe offering delicious breakfasts, great coffee and light lunches with a focus on handmade, fresh and nutritious food
- Cambewarra Lookout has outstanding views from the mountains to the sea, and excellent lunch menu. Friday evenings are hugely popular with live music and outstanding tapas – book well in advance
- So much handmade fudge to enjoy in Kangaroo Valley – choose from Kangaroo Valley Fudge House, or Homelea Cottage which also specialises in nostalgic English sweets
- The Friendly Inn is great for a pub dinner, live music on Saturday nights, and has a relaxed beer garden with beautiful views, and an excellent playground too
South Coast & Southern Highlands
Kangaroo Valley is the little sister to Southern Highlands area, famous for cool climate wines, hatted restaurants and quaint villages. There’s also the Burrawang Pub, or take a trip to Berry to visit the Treat Factory and travel down the South Coast for mouth-watering treats aplenty.
- LEAF (love eating Asian food) in Berry and Nowra serves excellent Thai food
- Cupitts Winery in Milton is 1 hour away but has a fabulous restaurant, cellar door and magnificent outlook
- Bangalay Dining in Shoalhaven Heads
- Burrawang Pub for lunch voted Best Country Pub in NSW by the Good Food Guide
- Bendooley Estate Restaurant (with Berkeloews Bookbarn inside the restaurant) is our favourite for a special occasion relaxed meal
- Eschalot in Berrima is superb and the historic building is simply beautiful
- The Robertsoon Cheese Factory is your go -to for a wonderful range of local cheeses
- The Werri Beach Fish Shop is right on the beach at Gerringong
“We stayed two nights at the Jolly Jumbuck cottage. We arrived late to find beautiful tea light candles lighting up the path to our cottage. We had the Deluxe package which included a huge breakfast hamper. The food was fresh, healthy and delicious. We ate a late brunch on both days and only had to go to town for dinner. Highly recommend this upgrade. It also includes a welcome tea and cute chocolates, along with comfy robes and slippers. The little personalised touches like the welcome note on the door and the thank you postcard in the mail afterwards made it very special. Thank you!”
– Tripadvisor Reviewer, Sydney, October 2016
Food & wine packages
- Enjoy sumptuous local produce for breakfast, a delicious afternoon tea with homemade scones, cakes and biscuits, local port and chocolates, plus cosy robes and slippers and freshly cut flowers.
- $50 per night extra (minimum 2 nights)
- Go ahead, spoil yourselves. Includes the Deluxe Tariff, a three course dinner of your choice in Kangaroo Valley, ice creams, aromatherapy gift bag and a bottle of bubbly.
- Two nights $995 midweek
- Two nights $1110 weekends
In Cottage Dining
- Want to stay in? Delicious curries make by local chefs Beriharikari are ready in your freezer, plus olives, tapenades and crackers, ice creams and a selection of local wines and bubbly.
- No need to order, they are there when you want them.