- Photo Galleries
- Kangaroo Valley Videos
- Gift Shop
- Contact & About
Kangaroo Valley Explorer Historic Walk
in Recommended, Culture & Heritage
Beautiful quaint village with attractions of national importance
Stroll through the historic village and you will see some of the 45 heritage listed buildings and 7 Australian National Trust features of Kangaroo Valley. There are plenty of places to stop for a coffee or ice cream and there lots of little shops and galleries to visit en route.There are 20 features highlights in the walk which include:
- One of the heritage buildings is the Church of the Good Shepard - designed by John Horbury Hunt (pictured). He was one of Australia's foremost architects of the late 19th century.
- The old court house is a great example of the Arts & Crafts era. Today it houses the local police station.
- The Kangaroo Valley Hall was built in the federation period and recently restored. It was in fact the headquarters of Cambewarra Shire
- Hampden Bridge which is Australia's last surviving wooden suspension bridge
- Australian National Trust listed landscape
The easy walk can take one hour. For more information you can download the Kangaroo Valley Historic Walk booklet below.
Recommended Business:The walk was developed by the local Kangaroo Valley tourist association which also supports a plastic bag free community and offers refillable water bottles.