- Photo Galleries
- Kangaroo Valley Videos
- Gift Shop
- Contact & About
Classic Car Scenic Tours from Kangaroo Valley
in Culture & Heritage, Natural Attractions
Crystal Creek Meadows is conveniently based to discover magnificent beauty of the South Coast and Southern Highlands
Combining the magnificent countryside of Kangaroo Valley, your private luxury cottage and the nostalgic joy of driving a classic car creates a unique holiday experience you will always remember. Your hosts have designed several scenic drives that promote the best of the area taking you on routes that are quiet and beautiful so you get to enjoy the benefit of local knowledge and our silver 1969 MGB convertible.
We provide full briefings, maps and ‘what to see’ information in a pack at the time of hand over.Here are some of the features you will see en route. Note that we can provide a rustic picnic or you may wish to enjoy some of the great local restaurants we have identified and can book for you.
From Kangaroo Valley to the coast
- Discover Watamolla, an enchanting valley with breathtaking mountain views on the way up and glorious country vistas on the ride down to the coast.
- Seven Mile Beach Nature Reserve, perfect of a picnic (this is the location where Kingsford Smith took off for the first ever flight to New Zealand).
- Coolangatta Vineyard with its convict built dwellings and award winning wine, you can enjoy lunch here too. Originally developed by Alexander Berry this site is one of the most important early settler developments in the region.
- Pass Cullunghutti Aboriginal Area, a very important site which is sacred for Aboriginal people from Sydney to Victoria and is a link from the living world to the spiritual afterlife.
- Visit charming Berry and its rich variety of shops and then drive up Berry Mountain along the line of the original Cedar Getters route.
- Cambewarra Lookout and its 150 km panorama, the restaurant serves afternoon tea.
From Kangaroo Valley to the Southern Highlands
- Navigate Barrangarry Mountain and stop at Fitzroy Falls to marvel at the 200 foot waterfall
- Discover the charming route to Burrawang (lunch in the very good pub) or drive on to Robertson with its quaint country shops
- Magnificent scenery along the Kangaloon road (dry stone walls are a feature of this sheep and cattle country) and stop at the Wingecarribee Reservoir picnic area, this 6 sq km area is home to important flora and fauna.
- Visit historic Bendooley Estate where Berkelouw Book Barn and Bendooley Bar & Grill are located, the landscape from here to Berrima is listed by the National Trust
- Return via historic Berrima and along the lovely Nowra Road
Kangaroo Valley – Upper River
- See historic Hampden Bridge, the Pioneer Museum and explore the old Barrengarry Store
- Magnificent drive to Upper River where you pass the first cleared land in Kangaroo Valley and some very charming country views
- See the community built wooden suspension bridge and marvel at the golden sandstone escapements
- Picnic near Gerringong Falls, you have travelled through National Trust lsited landscape considered the finest in the Illawarra and Shaoalhaven
- Return drive shows a different vista as the valley widens and you see Mt Scanzi our volcano in the distance
- Stop at the Nostalgia Factor and its book shop before returning home.